How to Apply
The University accepts a wide variety of school, college and foundation qualifications such as A-Level, AS-Level, IB and other equivalent overseas qualifications.
- Maths GCSE grade C plus 2 subjects of A Level with grade C. However, individual programmes may have specific requirements; or
- Maths GCSE grade C plus 5 subjects of AS Level with grade C. However, individual programmes may have specific requirements; or
- IB: At least 25 for year 1 entry and 28 for year 2 entry, however, individual programmes may have specific requirements; or
- For other high school courses, complete high school study with an average of 75% for all subjects for year 1 entry, and plus a recognized foundation course for year 2 entry.
English Language Requirements
Any students who are non-native English speakers must have satisfactory English language qualifications to study at the University. Various English qualifications are accepted, including:
- IELTS: 5.5 for year 1 entry, and 6.5 for advanced standing; or
- TOEFL 520 (paper-based), or 75 (iBT) for year 1 entry; or
- TOEFL 570 (paper-based), or 88 (iBT) for advanced standing.
How to Apply
Non-Chinese students are eligible to apply as international students. You’d better submit your application form and documents before July 31st so that you have enough time to apply for your visa after you are offered a place at XTJLU. It usually takes 15 working days for us to process your application, prepare your unconditional offer, prepare your Visa Application for Study in China (JW202 Form), and mail these to you before you can apply for your visa with these documents.
Application documents usually required include:
A) A fully completed Application Form for International Students, which can be downloaded at www.xjtlu.edu.cn;
B) Certificates of education qualifications verified and translated into English;
C) Transcripts verified and translated in English;
D) Certificate of English Language Qualification such as IELTS, TOEFL or other acceptable English language qualifications;
E) Two references (at least one of these should be linked to your academic background, the other references can either be another academic reference or related to any work experience you may have).
F) A photocopy of your passport.