Tuition Fees and Scholarships
Tuition Fees: RMB 80,000 (around USD 12,000) per academic year for all degree programmes at XJTLU.
Living cost: The cost of living in Suzhou for a single international student is between RMB 20,000-30,000 (around USD 3,000~USD 4,500) per year for your daily expenses including food, accommodation and local travel. Of course this will vary according to your lifestyle.
• Overseas Entry Scholarship
The University offers 3 types of entry scholarships for international students of the 2011 intake:
- 1st Class Entry Scholarship: RMB 80,000/academic year (around USD 12,000)
- 2nd Class Entry Scholarship: RMB 40,000/academic year (around USD 6,000)
- Third Class: RMB 10,000/academic year (around USD 1,500)
1. All international students who have submitted their applications and been given places at XJTLU before June 30th, 2011 will be awarded the Third Class Entry Scholarship of RMB 10,000 (around USD 1,500) per academic year.
2. The first or second class entry scholarship can be continued if the recipient’s average score over all courses of the previous academic year rank within the top 10% amongst all students on the same academic programme during his/her year of study at XJTLU. For details, please the Student Admissions and Career Development Office or read the Overseas Entry Scholarships Application Guidelines 2011 which can be downloaded from www.xjtlu.edu.cn.
• Progress Scholarship
The University also offers progress scholarships to outstanding students, depending on their academic achievements after entry into the University.
- 1st Class Progress Scholarship: RMB 10,000 (around USD 1,500)
- 2nd Class Progress Scholarship: RMB 5,000 (around USD 750)
• The University of Liverpool Scholarship
If the students transfer to the University of Liverpool with 2+2 scheme, they will be offered a discount of 20% off the tuition fees of the University of Liverpool.