Shanghai Government Scholarship
for International Students
¶1. Brief Introduction
Shanghai Government Scholarship program started in Shanghai Maritime University from 2007.This project is to assist the study of international students applying for graduate programs.
¶2. Three Types of Scholarship
- Class A
- Class A is full scholarship. It covers tuition, fundamental teaching material and accommodation (at foreign student dormitories); it provides insurance for major diseases and accidents; living allowance will be offered monthly, 1100 RMB for master student and 1400 RMB for PHD student.
- Class B
- Class B is semi-scholarship, covering tuition and fundamental teaching material.
- Class C
- Class C is awarded to the international students who excel in moral and academic performances for long term. It is 4,000 to 8,000 RMB per year
¶3．Documents required for application
- (1) Application Form. Applicants shall fill in the corresponding scholarship application documents faithfully according to the qualifications stipulated in Class A, B and C Scholarship.
- (2) Diploma and degree (original or notarized version, in notarized Chinese or English translation)
- (3) Related transcripts (original or notarized version, in notarized Chinese or English translation)
- (4) Statement of purpose. Around 1000 words for master candidates and around 1500 words for doctoral candidates. Study and work experience, academic research result, planned research proposal should be included, and individual development objective after graduation.
- (5) Catalogue and abstract of published paper, and other documents that can prove academic ability.
- (6) Two recommendation letters from professor or associate professor, in Chinese or English
- (7) Valid passport copy
- (8) 3 passport-sized photos
- (9) Copy of Health Certificate