In order to adapt to economic globalization and world culture development, to adapt to China’s opening to the outside world as well as to communication with various countries, and meet the urgent demands of countries all over the world to study Chinese, Beijing International Chinese College was founded in October, 2005. It was founded with the support and direction of The Office of Chinese Language Council International and approved by the Beijing Municipal Education Commission. The college is gradually developing into an experimental, demonstrative base of teaching Chinese as a foreign language and exchange center. This development is guided directly by The Office of Chinese Language Council International and Beijing Municipal Education Commission.
- Promote the understanding of Chinese language and Chinese culture;
- Provide more comprehensive, professional and convenient services for students from all over the world;
- Make the Chinese language become a bridge of transmitting friendship and peace.
Main functions and duties:
1. Train teachers to teach Chinese as a foreign language who will work in China and overseas;
2. Teach Chinese to foreigners;
3. Popularize the multimedia courses based on Great Wall Chinese which are researched and developed by The Office of Chinese Language Council International;
4. Hold the Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK);
5. Research teaching Chinese to foreigners; Develop study materials and multimedia coursewares;
6. Develop research and communication on teaching Chinese as a foreign language with other countries.
Four pedagogical units:
1. International Cooperation Department: Organize research and communication on teaching Chinese as a foreign language with other countries. Engage in teaching Chinese cooperated with for educational organizations overseas.
2. Training Department: Research teaching Chinese as a foreign language， training teachers teaching Chinese as a foreign language, including teachers working in China as well as teachers sent by Chinese teaching organization abroad. Develop study materials and the multimedia coursewares. Cooperate with foreign relative organizations to develop study materials on base of different national conditions.
3. Foreign Students Department: Teach foreigners Chinese, including: undergraduate, custom-tailored, long-term and short-term Chinese language and culture training courses. Hold the Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK).
4. "Great Wall Chinese" Popularization Department: Popularize and perfect the multimedia courses based on Great Wall Chinese.