|Study in china - Welcome To Study in Hainan University.|
|Chinese - English - Korean - Japanese|
|Brief Introduction | Study in Hainan University | Download | Contact Information | Pictures|
|Study in Hainan University|
PROGRAMS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
I. Admission Requirements
1. Chinese language and culture programs:Hainan University welcomes students aged 16 to 60 from all over the world to study Chinese language and culture on a long-term or a short-term basis on condition that they respect the customs and cultures of the Chinese people and observe the laws of China when studying at Hainan University.
2. Undergraduate degree-granting programs:The candidate who has obtained the high school certificate and is capable of studying his/her specialized courses in Chinese can apply for admission of undergraduate to Hainan University. If he/she is not capable of studying his/her specialized courses in Chinese, he/she ought to study Chinese for a period of time and must obtain the certificate of Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK Band 6), and then can resume his/her undergraduate studies.
3. Graduate degree-granting programs:The candidate can study graduate programs at Hainan University on condition that he/she has completed his/her undergraduate studies and obtained bachelor’s degree and is capable of studying his/her specialized courses in Chinese. If he/she is unable to study his/her specialized courses in Chinese, he/she should first study Chinese for a period of time and must obtain the certificate of Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK Band 6), and then can resume his/her graduate studies.
II. Successful ApplicationThere’re two semesters in each academic year and two vacations at Hainan University (winter vacation starts from late January to the end of February while summer vacation from mid-July to the end of August).
1. Application Procedures:Apply directly to HU by downloading a copy of our international student application form from our website: http://www.hainu.edu.cn/guojiwenhua. Contact College of International Cultural Exchange of HU by mail, by e-mail, by telephone, by fax or in person. The applicant should submit the following documents:
(1) Application Form for Admission to Hainan University (Be sure to complete all sections of the application form. Incomplete or inaccurate forms cannot be processed. Make sure you submit the application fee with your application).
(2) Duplicated copies of highest certificate of schooling and academic record. A letter of recommendation from an expert is necessary if the applicant applies for graduate programs.
(3) Copy of Passport.
(4) Application fee of RMB 250 yuan (non-refundable; paid in cash)
All the documents and the application fee must be sent by registered mail to: College of International Cultural Exchange, Hainan University, Haikou, Hainan, P. R. China 570228
2. Application deadline:June 30th for Autumn Semester;
December 31st for Spring Semester;
Short-term programs are offered all the year round without application deadline.
3. Formalities for Visa to China:The applicant will receive the Letter of Admission and the “Visa Application for Foreigners Wishing to Study in China” (JW 202 Form). Students who have enrolled in the program of over 6 months must take a physical examination in the hospital designated by the Chinese Embassy in advance (no more than 4 months). Together with the Letter of Admission, JW 202 Form and Physical Examination Record, applicants can go to the nearest Chinese Embassy or Consulate for visa application.
4. Registration:(1) Students should arrive on time according to the registration time of “Letter of Admission”.
(2) When doing the registration, students are requested to show their Letter of Admission, JW202 Form, Physical Examination Record, Passport, and 8 photos (2 x 1 inch, half-length, full-faced). Upon registration, students are also required to pay the tuition, the registration and the lodging fees for one term. All fees should be paid in cash. No refund is available for withdrawal.
III. Tuition and Other Expenses (RMB/yuan)
Note: Hainan University specially provides the preferential tuition fees for the offspring of overseas Hainanese.
B. Language students only pay 50% of the tuition fee approved by the Chinese government
2.Accommodation fee in the foreign students building：
3. Textbook fee: It depends on what you would buy.
4. Comprehensive medical insurance: 500yuan/year
5. Other information:
IV. TravelHainan province is the most famous and unique tropical tourist resort in China. Located in the southern-most tip of China, Hainan Island is entitled “Oriental Hawaii ”. It has a tropical marine monsoonal climate with an annual average temperature of 22-26°C. Sunlight, surfing, beach, coconut palms, famous historical sites constitute a picturesque tropical landscape. Hainan is also rich in the cultures and customs of the minorities known as Li and Miao living in compact communities. Hainan University warmly welcomes international students to Hainan to enjoy the beautiful tropical and coastal landscape and experience the cultures of the local people. Hainan University can arrange round－the－island tour for foreign students to enjoy the beautiful，tropical，coastal landscape and learn some folk customs．Students are required to pay the cost for the tour.
Foreign students must have proper visa and residence permit to travel within the areas where foreigners are allowed to travel．Without special authorization or for research needs，students may not travel to the areas restricted to foreigners. You should take your passport and student ID cards and keep them safe when you travel in China．You will also need to obtain a letter of recommendation from your department of study to process this special authorization. Those who transgress these regulations will be punished accordingly．
Students are only permitted to travel during weekends，holidays，and winter and summer vacations．
Tel: +86 ¡ª 571 ¡ª 88165512 Fax: +86 ¡ª 571 ¡ª 88165698
E-mail: email@example.com Website :http://www.study-in-china.org/School/zhejiang/wzun/