Distinguished International Students Scholarship
The Distinguished International Students Scholarship was set up to encourage and sponsor outstanding international students who have finished their bachelor’s or master’s education in China and have been enrolled by designated Chinese institutions as Master’s or Doctoral candidates or are now carrying out their Master’s or Doctoral studies in those institutions. The applicant is required to apply by himself or herself, and Wuhan University of Technology would recommend together, and China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) is responsible for evaluation and approvement.
About 10% graduates are awarded this scholarship annually.
Scope of Application
Only the international graduating students including master degree students and bachelor degree students have the access to apply for this scholarship.
Details of the Scholarship
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, fee for basic learning materials and accommodation;
- Living allowance;
- Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China;
1) Costs of the laboratory experiment or internship that beyond the university’s arrangements should be afforded by the student himself.
2) Fee for basic learning materials covers the necessary learning materials prescribed by the host institution, and other materials shall be self afforded.
3) Monthly living allowance is paid to the students by the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
- Master degree students: CNY 1,700 Yuan
- Doctoral degree students: CNY 2,000 Yuan
Scholarship students shall get their monthly living allowance from the date of registration. Those who register before 15th (15th included) of the registration month will get the living allowance of a full month, and those who register after 15th will get that of a half month. Scholarship of the graduates will be paid half month after their graduation date. Scholarship of those who suspend or quit their studies will be stopped from the following month. Monthly living allowance will be paid during Chinese national holidays. Scholarship students who do not get the monthly living allowance during holidays can get reimbursed on return. Monthly living allowance of the scholarship students who do not register on time or stay away from university up to one month because of non-health reasons will be stopped.
Scholarship students who have to suspend their education for reason of illness should return to their home country for further treatment and rest. The international travel expenses of return and coming back should be shouldered by the students themselves, the scholarship status will be reserved for at most one year, the monthly living allowance will be stopped during the suspension of education and the scholarship of the students who suspend their education for reasons other than illness will be terminated.
4) Fee for outpatient medical service refers to the outpatient expense generated in the institution’s hospital or the hospitals appointed by the institution. The students should afford a certain percentage of expense in accordance with the institution’s relevant regulations.
5) Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China is insured by the MOEC for the scholarship students in China against diseases and accidents. The institution is entitled to ask for compensation on the payment receipts from the insurance company for the expenses generated from hospitalizing for serious diseases or from accidental injury according to the stipulated insurance articles.
6) The scholarship students are required to afford their inter-city ticket when they have to transfer to another admitting institutions. For those who are originally the Chinese Government Scholarship Students and eligible to the international travel cost, the international air ticket will be postponed to provide once only till the day they complete their study.
1． Applicants must be international students currently studying in the designated Chinese institutions and in good health.
2． Applicants must have a good academic record and merits in the duration of their academic year, also they must be those who have been enrolled by the designated Chinese institutions as Master’s or Doctoral candidates in the year of their graduation or are now carrying out their Master’s or Doctoral studies in those Chinese institutions.
3． Applicants for master degree studies must be under the age of 35, and applicants for doctoral degree studies must be under the age of 40.
4． The applicants do not enjoy any other kind of sponsorship.
5. If，Without any justified reason, those who own university tuition fee or lodging fee for more than one month will be disqualified.
1. If, with personal reasons, anyone who fails to finish his or her schooling and the duration of the “Distinguished International Students Scholarship” could not be extended.
2. Awardees must go through the Annual Review of the Chinese Government Scholarship Status carried out by the institutions. Scholarship of those who failed in the Annual Review will be terminated.