JSU(Jishou University), founded in September 1958, is a university under the direct administration of Hunan Province. JSU has two campuses: Jishou campus and Zhangjiajie campus;the headquarter of the university is located in the capital of Xiangxi Tujia and Miao Nationalities Autonomous Prefecture—— Jishou City.
JSU consists of 25 teaching colleges and departments, including the College of International Exchange, College of Foreign Languages, College of Literature and Journalism, College of Law, College of Chemistry and Chemical Industry, College of Physics Science and Information Engineering, College of Physical Education and Sports, College of History and Culture, College of Music and Dancing, College of Mathematics and Computer Science, College of Fine Arts, College of Medicine, College of Business and so on. Among the 19 master degrees and 42 bachelor degrees, the subjects involve 11 branches of learning: philosophy, literature, sciences, engineering, law, economics, administration, education, medicine, history, agriculture and so on.
Recently, with the development of China international trade, JSU devoted to academic exchange and coorperation with overseas universities. So far, the University has established cooperative and exchange relations with UK, USA, South Korea, Ukraine, Austria and some other countries. We warmly welcome you and hope more and more outstanding students to study in our university!
Why Choose JSU
1. JSU is located in Wuling mountainous area, which is having Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, Yellow Dragon Cave, Fenghuang Ancient Town, Furong Ancient Town, Mengdong River and a series of famous view spots. Here have exquisite natural landscapes, fresh air and abundant tourist resources.
2. JSU is situated at Hunan, Hubei, Chongqing, Guizhou four provinces and cities’ border area. Hunan and Hubei Culture, Bachu Culture, Guizhou Culture, Miao Culture, Tujia Culture and other kinds of cultures get mixed here, having colorful culture resources.
3. JSU offers living with Chinese students, touching their lives from all aspects.
4. JSU offers small-class teaching, more guidance and more time from language instructors.
5. Relatively less costs in living and can save more money for traveling. Quick to go major provinces and cities of China as well as Vietnam, Laos, Thailand and other Southeast Asia countries.