Hangzhou Normal University Hangzhou Medical College has grown out of the former Hangzhou School of Zhejiang Medical University which was founded in 1979. In 1994, the school was renamed Hangzhou Medical Junior College. In 2000, it combined with Hangzhou Nursing School (founded in 1917).
In July2001, approved by Zhejiang Provincial People’s Government, it was merged into Hangzhou Teachers College and became Hangzhou Teachers College Hangzhou Medical College.
In March 2007, it was renamed Hangzhou Normal University Hangzhou Medical College as Hangzhou Teacher College was renamed Hangzhou Normal University. In carrying forward the century-long fine tradition of Hangzhou Normal University and promoting the spirit of the “loyal, diligent, truth-seeking and innovative” motto, the Medical College will rely on the disciplinary strengths of the university and strive to make further contributions to the goal of building a top comprehensive university in the province”.
The college has 260 staff members, among whom 39 are professors and 80 are associate professors, including 3 doctoral supervisors and 30 master student supervisors. Three professors enjoy the State Council’s Special Subsidy. One is supported by the National New-Century Millions of Talents Program. One is awarded by the Ministry of Education New Century Outstanding Talent. Twelve are listed in the Zhejiang Provincial 151 Talent Project. Two are recognized as provincial leading middle-aged and young scholars and one as a leading scholar supported by the provincial subsidy program for higher education institutions