"Top Ten Most Beautiful Mountains in China" Ranked by China National Geography Magazine
There are many mountain ranges in China. Mountainous land and very rough terrains make up two-thirds of Chinese territory. From the Tibetan Plateau and other less-elevated highlands rise rugged east-west trending mountains. China's spectacular mountain landscapes attract the professional climber and wide-eyed adventurer alike. The following are the "Top Ten Most Beautiful Mountains in China" ranked by China National Geography Magazine.
The criteria of China's Ten Most Beautiful Mountains are:
With unique well-worth appreciating value;
With the characteristics of that kind of geography shape and high scientific value;
Above 1000 meters in relative height, featured in the number and characteristics of vertical severity;
With high cultural values;
No excessive exploitation by humankind.
Location of China's Ten Most Beautiful Mountains
Namjagbarwa Peak (Tibet Autonomous Region): Paradise in the Clouds
Mountain Gongga or Minya Konka (Sichuan Province): Where the wind stops to rest
Qomolangma Peak (Tibet Autonomous Region): The soul's sentinel
Meili Snow Mountains (Yunnan Province): Guard of honor for the snow God
Huangshan Mountains (Anhui Province ): God’s miniature landscape
Three Sacred Mountains in Daocheng (Sichuan Province): Landmark of "Shangri-la"
Chogori Peak (Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region): Distant Mystic Land
Kangrinboqe Peak (Tibet Autonomous Region): Home of all the Gods
Mount Tai (Shandong Province): Totem of ancient China
Emei Mountain (Sichuan Province): The rise from a basin to the Heaven
- The Number of Foreign Students in China
- Time Chinese Women Realize They are Truly Beauti...
- Preparatory Meeting of “Guangzhou University Cit...
- In China, English Teaching is a Whites-only Club...
- Confucius Institute Brings Better Life to Nepalis
- 5-year-old Chinese Girl Was Thrown into a Swimmi...
- A Friendship Bridge Jointly Built by University...
- Ocean University of China in Qingdao Held the Ch...