The amazing world of Chinese seals
Chinese painting, calligraphy and the art of seal carving are inextricably linked. Chinese seals can be traced back over 4000 years and have evolved over time from an object of every day use to a unique form of art.
On May 31st 2012, Dr. Friedrich Zettl of the Austrian Association for China Studies, held a presentation on the art of Chinese seal carving at the Confucius Institute at the University of Vienna, in which he offered the audience a chance to discover this uniquely Chinese form of art.
In his presentation, Dr. Zettl introduced the audience into the fascinating world of Chinese seal carving. Not only did Dr. Zettl explain different techniques and intricacies of seal carving, but he also brought with him a selection of valuable, antique seals, which engrossed the audience.
This presentation gave those interested in Chinese art and culture the opportunity to learn something about Chinese seal carving first-hand, as Dr. Zettl is not only an expert in the field, but also an accomplished seal carver himself.
- Physical Exam Peak for Students Study Abroad Com...
- Graduation Ceremony Held in Confucius Institute ...
- Last Class in Jinan High School before College E...
- African culture to be promoted in China
- Investigation on How Much You Love China
- 'Never Judge a Country by its Size'
- Pakistani student hospitalised in China seeks he...
- Welcome to China, but Please Do Respect us